Publications and analysis
The book provides national and state level statistics spanning a twenty-year period. Its sources include several data sets that address the status of employment and economic self-sufficiency for individuals with IDD.
Download the PDF here*
*A revised version with corrections to data on pages 55 and 59 was posted on 7/31/2014.
Browse publications by data source
Drawing from a variety of data sources, the Statedata team publishes data notes on important findings related to individuals with disabitlites and employment. Select from the options below to generate publications:
Make our data work for you
See the latest trends in state performance in IDD work and participation
Our chart building tool allows you to examine descriptive information on state characteristics, services drawn from several national databases. View a single state trend or compare several states and national data.
- 2013 unemployment data is now available!
- See the rise in total persons served by IDD Agencies in the nation going back to 1988.
Make use of the latest available data from:
- State IDD Agency Survey
- Rehabilitation Services Administration
- Social Security Administration
- State Demographic Data
- Wagner Peyser
- Workforce Investment Act data
- American Community Survey
- State Mental Health Agency data
Find out more about our sources, and download complete tables as files.