StateData.info allows users to find, sort, and analyze data related to employment for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD). This project promotes Employment First and systems change efforts nationwide by supporting outcome-based management and planning.
The site includes data from state IDD agencies, and vocational rehabilitation outcomes and services from the Rehabilitation Services Administration. It also features data from the Social Security Administration, state mental health agencies, the U.S. Census Bureau's American Community Survey, the National Core Indicators Project, and the U.S. Department of Labor.
Users can select the type of analysis they want to conduct through chart generation tools, and can browse publications that analyze critical issues related to employment of people with disabilities.
Suggested Applications for StateData.info Users
- Policymakers can measure the impact of legislation changes, draw comparisons between states and the national average, and use data to effect policy change.
- Researchers and academics can perform rapid analyses online or download spreadsheets to study the data.
- Advocates can track their state’s progress and create graphics to influence decision-makers.
- State agency staff can respond rapidly to information requests and support program monitoring, reporting, and analysis.
- Employment providers can identify benchmarks to support organizational goals and performance improvement.
Team Members and Contact Information